Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sometimes the best offense is the smelly one [Group B]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Ryuko 

Sometimes the best offense is the smelly one [Group B] Empty Fri May 03, 2024 9:24 am

Ryuko

"Who the hell send us children, when we called for warriors?!"

A knight exclaimed in anger as he looked over the young duo that had arrived at the encampment. It was clear that the man was quite displeased at the apparent age of the younglings, yet an older knight whacked the back of the man's head.

"Shut your trap recruit, these two are guild mages endorsed by Blue Pegasus. If their leader believed them to be ready, then they are ready. Besides, do you want to have the Clock Tower Director hear you call her a child again?"

The younger knight sighed audibly as he approached the duo with a smile. "Sorry about that, the knights are a bit on edge after the last wave came out of the cavern. They killed quite a handful of our friends so many are still mourning their loss. Either way, it seems the higher-ups decided to sign you two up alongside the missus over there." He gestured toward Astrid as he continued. "In order to aid in the dispelling of the throne chamber's barrier you'll be accompanied by someone, she should be able to tell you more-"

And indeed, as expected a familiar voice resounded from a nearby tent.

"Ves! Bri-chan!" It was a child-l!ke fairy that came floating over, a gentle smile lingering on her lips. "I'm glad you both could make it, ah let's call over your remaining companion for this expedition. Miss Astrid?"

The fairy called out as she waited for Astrid to join the group. "I am Yu, I have been aiding in the overseeing of the void cavern activities here. Despite the fact we send several expeditions inside, they all tend to emerge in different spots in the cavern. So far we confirmed there are three different champions in the cavern that need to be slain before the barrier to the boss chamber is weakened enough for me to dispel it. Once that is done you will all be able to join forces with the remaining group to take down the big nasty kobold that occupies the throne there. Although I wish I could aid you all directly during the fight, I can only provide guidance in the form of advice, because I will be needed to use my magic to keep the magic inside from consuming you."

She sighed briefly, after which she shook her head and smiled. "Although I know you heard it before, but aside from the compensation Caelum offered, you are also allowed to keep any treasure or relics you find during the expedition, just be mindful of the effects the void has on these items."

She hummed softly as she gestured at the cavern. "For now the cavern seems to have calmed down so we should be able to enter without any resistance.

-----
Welcome Group B~ Your intro is posted with an additional surprise! You will be aided in this expedition by Yu who will be providing advice during the expedition and is needed to help dispel the barrier at the end. Keep her safe and she will help keep the void's magic from affecting you negatively.

Group B: Vesper, Briar, Astrid (+ Yu as a npc ally)

#2Astrid 

Sometimes the best offense is the smelly one [Group B] Empty Sat May 04, 2024 10:33 pm

Astrid

"In my name..."

STR: 1 | SPD: 146 | CON: 251 | END: 251 | INT: 1001 | MANA: 11,650

"Bow before your queen"
- Astrid Venier

She had heard about the situation in Caelum, but honestly it seemed foolhardy. Talks of the Void had become recurring, to the point that she couldn’t help but think that they may have been validity to them. The topic was barely spoken of within Fiore, both within the public space and the political theatre; the idea of even acknowledging the presence of the Void within the latter space being a sore place of contention. Fiore was still struggling as it was dealing with the combined fallout of Astrid’s political policies and the conclusion of the Talaz Lagaar civil war, a conflict that had significantly drained the nation’s coffers, made worst by the reallocation committed by the young Senator. The last thing that anyone wanted to admit was that there was a new threat emerging in the form of the Void.

So, Astrid’s presence felt much like that of an unexplained outlier. Her notoriety certainly had become noteworthy within many a circle within Fiore, but in a foreign nation she was just another figure, sold by her having maintained a low profile even before crossing through the border. She travelled light, effectively a wanderer, the tricks of the trade she would normally be at her disposal instead being reserved, the last thing that she were interested in doing drawing unwanted attention.

After all, she could not hope to achieve the intended success if it were realized that she were a political figure. Even those within the Senate knew nothing of her presence within Caelum, this trip having taken place within the middle of the extended recess, interrupted only by the emergency session that she had called for barely a week before. For all any of them knew, she was engaged in some bedroom fun with her primary ally within the Senate, Lady Tsara.

And under most circumstances, that would be exactly it.

But the allure of the Void was something that she certainly could not scoff at, nor risk it being true. The tale of what was occurring had come to her through private channels that stressed the urgency of her arrival if she sought to take full advantage of the situation. It should not have come as any surprise that she were not the only individual here; a small assortment of figures, some native to the lands, many foreigners like her, having converged upon Caelum for one reason or another. Likely some out of pursuit of fame, hoping to make a name for themselves. Others maybe out of a sense of pride, the hero sickness that so many young adventurers and Mages seemed to have been afflicted by. Or perhaps they came with their own motivations like Astrid herself, seeking out proof of the Void’s existence, or if not more, a way to benefit from it.

There may have been opportunities to determine exactly what those motivations were, enough time having passed before the amassment was broken up into smaller expedition groups. But that took time, the logistics proving to be a nightmare, which lent to plenty of time for the people there to interact with one another, establish some superficial sense of comradery, develop trust before they inevitably descended into a threat that for many was above their heads. All save for Astrid, whom spent more time to herself; there was no point in entertaining the idea of friendships or anything like that in this kind of environment, especially knowing that many of them were certain to suffer some sort of tragic fate.

No point in getting acquainted with inevitable corpses.

After what seemed like hours, the groups were finally given orders and sent off: some deploying earlier than others, the number of people dwindling down a few by few until eventually there only remained the auxiliary presence in the makeshift base camp, along with Astrid and the few others that at this point had come to make up her expedition team.

If it could even have been considered a team.

Some foreign creature, a fairy she seemed to recall one of the auxiliary members describing it as, along with two young boys, several years at the minimum younger than she, and based on their excitability, neither as informed, mindful, or anywhere close to prepared for what may have been encountered. The irony of her final point was not lost upon her; even Astrid unsure as to what would be encountered either, but unlike the two children she had been tasked with babysitting, at least she were capable of surviving on her own.

The others? Well, it was fair to say that Astrid were more interested in what the fairy said as to the promise of treasures and relics. A reward of that sort was the minimum that could have been offered, and begrudgingly, within her mind came to the realization that as frustrating as it would be, there was a benefit to having the two alive.

The success of this expedition was unlikely to be much influenced based upon their survival or not, but it may have been at least a deciding factor in that delicate balance between inconveniencing and difficult. She preferred the idea of handling the former as opposed to the latter.

And besides, if push came to shove, there were more than enough ways to deal with the children if they turned out to be unruly…

Just what those methods may have been were for her own devious mind, her attention divided between her own warped imagination and listening to the fairy speak, her eyes opening with full attentiveness as the order to move had been greenlit. With the cavern secure enough to enter, she sauntered forward in its direction, expectant that the trio would follow behind.

Or not.

Wasn’t outside the realm to believe that they wouldn’t chicken out then and there. But, if they had any spines, she half-expected to hear the sound of rushing footsteps coming behind her as they hoped to keep up.

#3Briar Caidh 

Sometimes the best offense is the smelly one [Group B] Empty Sun May 05, 2024 1:19 pm

Briar Caidh
Briar had a particular excitement about him all the way over with Vesper; not only was it his first major adventure, let alone his first with his friend, it was to a country he shared blood with. He could almost feel it on the airship trip, looking out boldly into the winds and trees, each breath of its air like something renewed - strengthened - inside of him. It built in his chest and spread warmth across his cheery cheeks, laughing without humor from the wonder of it all. Wanderlust, he heard his Caelish father call this: the call of an Adventurer. The call of a home, where your home could be anywhere you plant a seed. He jostled a little pouch at his hip with the aforementioned - primrose, that he'd sow here, a breed of plant native to the Caelish Isles (so as not to disrupt the local ecosystem, of course).

He had shared this with Vesper in his excitement, dimpling in his overtaken grin. Every step, sway, spin and hooray he shared light with this merriment. He took the purpose behind this excursion with the appropriate severity, of course, but Briar was a child still and would behave as a child in his eagerness would. He already knew he wouldn't act out on the battlefield. He had the training - enough, at least, to not bring his allies down, and besides; Ves was countin' on him. He'd smile over at his best friend when they landed, clenching his staff between two determined hands and offering a final resolute nod on their first steps into the Kingdom of Albion to do their part. "Well, pally, I'm thinking we oughta' --"

It isn't to say he deflated, but there was a puncturing of his enthusiasm at their first reception from the encampment. His cheeks burned, a lighter - more bashful - red, and he shifted on his feet with a nervous tilt of his head and lift of his shoulders; he wouldn't sink to apologize for their presence, but he wasn't sure how else to respond to an adult admonishing him for his perceived inability. Sympathy? He knew he'd do better than he was expected, at least. That's what mattered - so he stood up a little straighter, cleared his throat, and planted the end of his oak staff in the dirt without stirring it. "Real pleased to meet you, sir - sirs! I'm Briar Caidh of Blue Pegasus and I promise to do my best by your faith today. S-so please, rely on me! On us!" He'd manage a facsimile of a salute, unsure of the process between veterans and youth, only to be interrupted by a perk to his ear. "The Clock Tower Director, you say --?"

"Miss Yu!" He'd brighten all over again, a flower blooming in the mugginess of this atmosphere. He scampered over to her, barely constraining himself from throwing his arms around her in pure joy at seeing her again, and here! She had the type of aura that reassured you in her company. ... And, besides all that, he thought her a friend. It was comforting.

"A-and nice to meet you, miss'm - Briar, at your service! We'll --" Well, he wasn't sure what to say to Astrid. He studied her over, almost in awe - his eyes bright, taking in molten onyx and the firelight that he imagined about her. At her edges, blurry, almost cold to his head. He'd straighten himself a little taller, almost reaching up to Yu's height, and grip his staff horizontal between both tightened hands only to bow to Astrid. Respectful, a fluffy sheet of blue-white locks scattering over his sparkling violet eyes. "We're in your care, miss Astrid, but please don't feel like we'll be holdin' you back - we'll look after you and miss Yu just as well, promise." He'd tilt back, smiling with a softness and warmth that came easily to his little heart, and then he'd scamper to catch up.

"S-slain, you say? Well, golly. I don't think I've ever ... uhm, I just haven't met me a monster yet. Er ... What's a 'Kobold', you say, miss Yu?" He'd linger on their advance by her side, assuming the same from Ves, though he'd catch him up if he ever fell behind. His gaze had the same reach as vines, he relied on - to keep everyone together. "Well, I reckon you can leave your defense to us, madame Director. We won't let anythin' happen to you, okay?" A quiet promise, one he shared again with their first meeting to take some of this weight off her equally slight shoulders.

"Let's do our part and catch up to our fellows, yeah? Ehe."

#4Vesper 

Sometimes the best offense is the smelly one [Group B] Empty Mon May 06, 2024 5:28 pm

Vesper
To call Vesper anxious was an understatement. The steady pitter-patter of his heart deteriorating into a full blown tempest, rapid wing-beats struggling to burst from his chest to escape the storm. But, there was a lifeline - a ray of sunlight always beaming its warmth. A sanctuary and calm to be found  in the Eye of him. A soothing amethyst that mends all ailments. Excitable feet carry him away from all the discordant feelings swelling up and into the gravitational pull of his dear best friend. "Primrose~ Such a pretty name, Brii." A nod with pinkish cheeks as he settles down, grinning ear to ear. A spatter of small talk and encouragement at Briar's little ambition. It truly was a lovely idea.

There was a sense of wonder that also gripped the boy as easily as his jittery nervousness. He had trained for this moment alongside the boy standing so close beside him. It was almost a petulant need to not let his worries ruin the moment he took the plunge into being a proper adventurer. One that was not shared by the other knights accompanying the expedition. A rude comment and a growl that remains still - stuck in his throat as his shoulders deflate under the weight of his words. He follows Briar's lead, refusing to lash out in anger or wallow in sadness - to do what he can to be a person worth relying on. "Vesper Lovera, at your service~" A suspended bow, arm folded with an air of defiant grace and elegance. He raises his head to glare at the knights with fierce ruby with a smile that was contrasted so heavily in kindness. He was so used to these introductions, a perfectly rehearsed play. "I'm also a mage belonging to Blue Pegasus, so you can count on us~" A playful smile and a wink, ignoring the previous comment in favor of their shared objective.

Solace in the form of a fairy, fluttering over with child-like exuberance. "Miss Yu~! It's so wonderful to see you again! Ah- I'm sorry, I didn't bring treats for everybody today. I wasn't sure if it was appropriate..." Vesper was on his best behavior, but even he couldn't quite restrain his excitement at Yu's entrance.

He listens intently to the orientation, sneaking glances to the woman that would accompany them on the expedition. Her aura was intimidating, to say the least. Vesper's skin flares up, tiny needles prickling at his skin with tiny strands standing up in ill omen. It was the complete opposite of the people he found himself surrounded by in Blue Pegasus. He couldn't muster the courage to say a word, or rather; it felt like a futile endeavor regardless. A sense of cold nihility that drowns out all else. He places a hand on Briar's shoulder as gripped his staff ever so tight, bellowing out his determined vow. It makes Ves want to as well. "We're here to help however we can, ma'am. So don't count us out just yet, okay!?"

Vesper clung close to Briar and by extension, the adorable Miss Yu, the leash called fate never allowing him to wander adrift. "Now that you mention it,... I've only really fought human-shaped opponents. I've heard stories about Kobolds and the like but I've never seen one, either." A hand lifts to graze his lips, deep in his own thoughts with jumbled worries. They didn't sound that scary, but it would be a bit too arrogant to assume otherwise after hearing the knights recount their previously failed voyages. He directs his attention to Briar, a hand raised to pat the smaller boy atop his head, ruffling his fluffy hair with a playful grin. "Don't you worry about scary things like 'slaying' until we actually encounter a monster. And besides, we'd be able to beat them up together~"

#5Ryuko 

Sometimes the best offense is the smelly one [Group B] Empty Tue May 07, 2024 7:19 am

Ryuko

Despite her cheery demeanor Yu had been observant of her surroundings. Despite Astrid's lack of a greeting or a proper exchange of words, she expected the woman to carry through with the expedition, even if her team had been far younger than anticipated. While Briar seemed quite a bit more nervous and restless compared to the training camp, it seemed Vesper's presence was doing wonders in granting the lad a bout of courage.

While trailing behind Astrid, her wings allowing her to soundlessly hover behind the way taller woman as she addressed the duo. "There is a reason Ryuko made you fight summons with a intelligence similar to humans. Kobolds well... there are of smaller stature, growing up to two or three feet, and while they are usually somewhat dimwitted, their tendency to team up and overwhelm their foes in numbers is part of why some novice adventurers struggle with them."

She paused, holding what appeared to be an ancient grimoire close to her chest while she continued. "Although among them are certain kobolds that have been mutated by void magic, far more dangerous and unpredictable than most. Keep in mind your training, and as harsh as it sounds: don't hesitate to kill them. They won't hesitate to try to do the same either."

Although as she trailed after Astrid she couldn't help but wonder what a noble politician like her was doing here... a thought that was quickly replaced by another one as they entered through the gate. The first thing the group noticed would be no doubt the stench, a stench of the worst kin, as if they had been dropped in a toilet filled the air, and judging from the dimly lit tunnel they were in... They were currently in the sewers.

Up ahead torchlight could be seen illuminating a path further ahead, but before that could be an option there was another problem to deal with: A soft skitterish voice resounded from among the grates above them. "Ugh if I had known that you smelled this badly I would have asked another patrol route..."

A kobold holding his nose was patrolling on the floor right above the tunnel they were in. "Oooy mate, That wasn't on me! I don't smell like an used toilet!" The other kobold whined in protest while a third one... Yu had just barely realized what was happening as her body shrunk into its tiny pixie form and she concealed herself amidst Briar's hair. Why? Because...

"hehehehehe sorry bro, that would be me... you know the saying... When you gotta go, you gotta go or you're stuck in the shit."

At the same time these words came the water in the sewer seemed slightly... okay better not think on that. The least Yu could do was offer a tiny milage of support as she lightly patted Briar's head and whispered softly. "Sorry... I can't nullify this..."

Then again, these kobolds likely had something else to worry about than the stench of the sewers!

----

3 Kobolds are chattering at the floor above, there is a staircase leading up and a pair of grates covering the top of the tunnel.

Each Kobold has 3 S-rank durability.

#6Vesper 

Sometimes the best offense is the smelly one [Group B] Empty Thu May 09, 2024 12:53 pm

Vesper
As the group waded through murky depths consisting of things better left unspoken with a repulsive stench permeating the winding tunnels, Vesper's attention was drawn to the informative explanation of his guild senior. He'd never taken a life and there was something needling about the idea of being forced to kill a creature that had a similar capacity to think, to feel as humans do, even in a diminished capacity. Not enough to really deter the aspiring hero, but something worth considering nonetheless. "Don't worry, I'll keep you safe." A declaration with steadfast intent with a smile to dispel any worry that might be blossoming in his best friend's heart.

The wretched fragrance was especially harsh on Vesper's bestial nose, every choked breath an assault on his senses. "Bleeeegh... Miss Yu, How much longer do we have to trek through this gross sewer...?" A hushed petulant whine in the calm before they reached their destination. Vesper was too intimidated by the woman who carried herself like an empress to allow his question to grace her ears. A light flickers deeper within the dimly lit tunnel and gives hope to the boy trying so desperately not to breathe in the noxious fumes. An abrupt halt to their journey at the first notice of little manic voices, babbling on in flighty speech complaining about the odor just the same. Vesper feels paralyzed - indecisive about the proper, struggling to breathe from the swelling anxiety and smell alike as he hears a splash. "Absolutely not!"

Vesper was a clean freak. It comes with being as well acquainted and passionate about the culinary arts. This whole experience was one he was bravely enduring in service of the people relying on him. A quick glance to an equally horrified Briar and fairy hiding away so snugly in his fluff. An eyebrow furrows and twitches as a fire ignites in his belly. What is this color called? Rage? It felt so foreign in the way led his movements with invisible wires, jerking him to action like a marionette. He channels that energy, forming a magic circle that shrouds his hand, pulsing with a muted hum that molds a piece of small chocolate that rests between his thumb and index finger. With a flick that pops and bursts with a spark, the little chocolate is sent flying at one of the grates, blowing it apart.

"Let's kick their... a-" It seemed too crude to say in front of Briar despite the current situation. "butts! We can create a distraction at the very least while Miss Astrid... handles them." It felt wrong for him to take charge, but he couldn't persevere in the muck any longer, a hand shooting towards the stairs to direct a two-pronged surprise attack. "Briar and I can go up the stairs and cause another scene. They should be easy pickings in all the chaos, right?" Vesper trails down to tug at his hand, enveloping him in optimistic warmth to uplift, to rescue him from the filth and scurry to their positions, tip-tapping up the staircase. Vesper was clinging so tightly, his body; a shield for any little terror that might spring out from the shadows, fist clenched in iron until he reaches the precipice and strikes the nearest kobold.

Stats:

Actions:

Last edited by Vesper on Fri May 10, 2024 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

#7Astrid 

Sometimes the best offense is the smelly one [Group B] Empty Thu May 09, 2024 6:23 pm

Astrid

"In my name..."

STR: 1 | SPD: 146 | CON: 251 | END: 251 | INT: 1001 | MANA: 11,650

"Bow before your queen"
- Astrid Venier

She led their little expedition, not by choice, but seeming to be out of purely the nature of natural hierarchy. What was she, if not an adult woman in the company of two children essentially and a juvenile Magic creature that likely had as little insight or intelligent thought as the duo. The only thing that she could have remarked towards them were of comments she happened to overhear as she walked along, a pair of attempted introductions, both giving names that would be likely forgotten, sprinkled within a general lack of information that was worthwhile.

Except for one thing. Blue Pegasus. The guild that Astrid had, at best, a mixed relationship with, viewing it and its members in a far worse light than that of their guild leader, and her ally sworn by blood, Alisa Vollan. Though, that greater sentiment may have since become a bit warmer in recent memory, what with Astrid having reversed much of the original legislature that she had first pushed while as a Senator, effectively erasing the plight that Alisa and her members had suffered under.

That wasn’t to say that such political shifting would erase the memory seared into the minds and memories of many a Blue Pegasus members, of her having walked through the doors of Blue Pegasus and having applied lost, unforgivable Magic upon them, to the point of it being her possessing them. Quite a few who felt that firsthand, but the two with her, she didn’t much recall seeing any children during her presentation. No doubt that they had been present then, their reaction to Astrid would not be anything close to as warm as they had made them be.

Or perhaps they had made mention of it? Admittedly Astrid did not give too much thought to it, her focus instead having shifted to overcoming the invasive smell that was lingering throughout the air, even with its own pungent taste to it. It was sickening. And it was only made worse the further they ventured in, the trio once behind her now quickly picking up and even overtaking her in their descent deeper in, a thick liquid soaking their feet as they continued to slog their way through.

It was miserable.

Everything about this was awful.

The smell was putrid. The taste that seemed to cake the air was so acidic that she found herself deliberately tearing into the inside of her mouth, drawing blood if only for the sake of having something else to taste than the alternative.

That she was venturing through this hell with the promise of something relating to the Void at the end of this, under no other circumstances would she ever find herself willing to travel through something as revolting as a foreign sewer. She dreaded this experience. She recalled a saying that her father once said, that adversity would build character and make a person better for it. With each step she knew that it was all the more shit, her father’s words and this kind of environment.

It had left her so frustrated, so jaded even, that her focus had almost been completely averted, had it not been for the Sonar within her head going off. Three figures in total, not too far out, indicative of if nothing else them having gone the correct way. Or at least a way that promised some sign of life, and perhaps a clue towards the Void. She said nothing at first, continuing to walk forward as small talk was made between the others, Astrid contributing nothing herself, just instead keeping intent focus on who may have been before them.

Finally, whatever she had picked up had been also discovered by the rest of the troupe, it appearing to be a trio of small creatures, kobolds. Ugly things that she had seldom ever interacted with; things that she would not have put past that the Blue Pegasus mages were far more aware of, whether through their own experiences or those of their guildmates. Either way, they certainly were beyond Astrid’s own expertise.

Alerted, she stood back while one of the Blue Pegasus mages rushed forward, taking to combat in a leadership sort of manner, a role that none had genuinely taken for themselves, not even Astrid. It was interesting to her, if nothing else, seeing one of the children take the initiative, to the point that she had become more interested in the spectacle than that of the actual fight that were now taking place. An explosion burst above, one of the grates slumping down as a massive splash threw water in all directions, where the other Blue Pegasus wizard had disappeared to being unclear. She assumed that in likelihood he would have been close towards his companion.

He probably wasn’t dead, if nothing else.

More interesting to her though were the creatures and how they seemed to have responded to the ambush going on. One found themselves directly in the throws of the one who charged, another was taken back by the suddenness, while the third seemed to be somewhere between the two in terms of awareness. That somewhat-preparedness did little to help either of them as a web shot out from her wrist, taking hold of one of the other two kobold, ensnaring it within. A quick pull and down went both of the kobolds, both of them landing in the water with another large explosion of water. Astrid looked, seeing the sewage water nearly rise to their heads. If it were a little deeper, then no doubt it would be drowning conditions for them.

She said nothing, but looked at the two creatures with a look of disdain and disgust even, holding out her hand down towards the kobolds as a blast of Eldritch Dragon Slayer Magic rippled out, creating a massive explosion outwards, causing much of the foundation and ground within the sewer to give way, effectively creating a crater within the water. The kobolds, assuming not outright killed in the blast, would almost certainly have been pushed back by the force to the base of the sewer, their bodies smashing against what she assumed to have been concrete or some other hard substance. If conscious, their bodies would be tattered, in agony, now having descended within an artificial hole as water poured down upon them like that of a waterfall crushing down upon them.

Astrid took a step back, feeling the ground beneath her feet crack slightly as small bits of concrete lent down into the hole, rubble to bury what may have still lived within that drowned crater.

It did not account for the third one, the one engaged in combat with the Blue Pegasus children, but as far as she was concerned, she had had given them a significant boon. Three versus two was hardly a fair fight to put children through. Even with whatever reservations she may have had towards them, she figured a two versus one could at least go their way.

---
Synopsis:

Used Spider Pull (Target) on one of the Kobolds, snagging it and pulling it and another Kobold into the water. Used Eldritch Dragon's Mind Blast to blast them with kinetic force that creates a crater in the floor, blasting the two Kobolds into it, potentially dead, potentially unconscious, potentially with broken bodies, all while water fills in, the pressure causing them to remain underneath, inevitably drowning as time goes on.

One Kobold remains fighting Vesper, and potentially Briar Caidth.

Mana: 11,250/11,530

Passive Effects:
Major Sonar Detection: Astrid can can use sonar to detect the movements of anyone within a 50-meter range and sense their location.
  • via Aberration

Name: String Pull (Target)
Mana Cost: 200
Requirements: Arachnida
Type: Supplementary
Element: Arcane
Range: 20 meters
Cooldown: 4
Duration: Instant
Effect: The user shoots a strand of web from their wrists and connects it to a second point. The user can then pull the target at spell speed towards themselves. If it is an object, it must weigh less than twice the weight of the user. If it is a character, their strength must be more than the target and the target will be pulled at spell speed. This can be negated if the user uses mana equivalent to the mana cost of the spell to break free. If they fail, they are pulled towards the user keeping a distance of 3 meters between the user and the target.

Name: Eldritch Dragon's Mind Blast
Mana Cost: 200 [80]
Requirements: Eldritch Dragon Slayer Magic
Type: Offensive [Enhancement: Damage Over Time, Armor Piercing, Overcharge - Offensive]
Element: Arcane
Range: 20 Meters [50 Meters | +10 Sage Monarch's Sunglasses, +20 Magus Passive]
Cooldown: 4 Posts [2 Posts]
Duration: Instant
Effect: The user pushes their palm forward towards a target to release an invisible blast. The blast expands outward in a cone, reaching a maximum height and width of 10 meters at the conclusion of the spell. It causes 1 S-Rank worth of damage on impact and knocks the target back for the remainder of the range.

#8Briar Caidh 

Sometimes the best offense is the smelly one [Group B] Empty Fri May 10, 2024 3:30 pm

Briar Caidh
Briar did his best not to show his apprehension on his face, but he had never held well in the face of his friends - that is to say, Yu and Vesper seemed to know him better, enough to offer him both further explanation and words of encouragement. The issue was that they didn't seem to understand really where his nerves were coming from or to whom they were directed. He wasn't worried about himself.

The grip of slight fingers tightened around the gnarled oak of his now well-worn beginner mage's staff, staring directly at its tip while the two others chattered & him and Astrid held steadfast in contemplative silence. A small smile in Vesper's direction, quiet with a softening light in his eyes. "But they are intelligent, then?", came his voice, free from any waver yet drifting just under his regular volume. He was deep in his thoughts, balancing the heft of his equipment with slacker hands to weigh it in the hammock of his grip. "Mm." This wasn't mage-like of him. He didn't want to come off as ... well, a little kid, who didn't understand the risks and levity behind what they were doing here. "Not like miss Ryuko's phantoms." How did you broach the topic? Killing. He had culled weeds before. He had fished. He had even fought off pirates, but that was to the ends of them being arrested by the proper authority. 

Here, they were the authority for monsters. They were the legal representatives of their various factions and magehood as a whole, on a grand quest to fight back against these 'void dungeons' and the encroaching terror they promised. He knew this - had joined here knowing this, with little trepidation at the danger, as he believed in himself truly and his fellows, and Vesper - and combat didn't scare him, if a deterrent when it came to people getting hurt. And these weren't people, were they? Mutated beasts. It's not like Briar was a vegetarian; what high horse did he have?

Still, his thoughts were private, kept behind the cautious line of his lips: their purpose wasn't moral grandstanding. They were preparation. He was going to have to assist in the taking of lives of intelligent creatures, and he'd be prepared. Maybe he wasn't old enough yet to know there were things you had to do even if you didn't want to; but he was old enough to accept that he had a duty to his guild, his home and this land of Caelum. It was as Vesper thought, their dispositions alike: this couldn't deter him, but it wasn't an ignorable act. He'd have to pay his proper respects when they succeeded.

It flared in streaks of magic from his firming grasp, his eyes focused and himself more acutely aware of the three around him - his group on this expedition, with Vesper at his side and Yu fluttering about in that way she did, Astrid leading the procession with all the poise he'd expect from the aura she gave off. He'd look at her back, taller than his, and he'd square his shoulders with a small huff of air. It wasn't just madam Alisa, miss Ryuko, mister Saturn - there were so many people bigger than him he could look toward as role models. He couldn't let any of them down. He'd do his part as everyone else appeared to do theirs; and maybe, one day, a nervous young mage would draw the strength and grace from the sight of his back the way Astrid was doing for him. 

The scent of lavender drifted from the dim glower of his staff, helping to free some of the oppressing scent that bared down on them and whisking outward for the party in somewhat of a protective circle - if entirely for their noses. He wasn't unused to less than ideal rural circumstances, growing up in nature and spending fair days and nights arms-deep in the ... necessities for his garden work, but he wasn't any less prim of a boy. The sewer was the least of his worries and the stinkiest of them, and he wasn't going to let that reflect on his performance. That's why he sucked in a breath, wrinkled his nose, and then --

His words echoed Vesper's at exactly the same time, the pixie sprite of Fei Yu finding refuge in his softly scented hair while the reality of their setting hit them all at once. "Absolutely not!" Now, Briar, again, wasn't the vain sort, but instinct won over; beauty and presentation still mattered. Less than that wasn't acceptable in his party's presence, and the ramping outpouring of lightly fragrant mist from his flickering spell seals only ramped to a bright, vibrant splash of magic. It encompassed them, stalling the ticking seconds toward a gross end, and he thought quicker on his feet. Swung his staff in the air, standing taller in the drudging muck with Yu at his final refuge. He was a mage of Blue Pegasus, wasn't he? As was Vesper and his quick response, paving their way with a passion Briar could only reflect. 

He pulled at his magic. He tended through the green, dewlight strands that built its garden, not moving from the spot within a lavender haze until Vesper made his way onto the ladder and Astrid went at her own gear. They were not showing up to the fight with their slightors gunked. He dug his hand in the well of his mana, curled it through the roots of a spell he could envision, and he made his wish. Freedom and aide. He plucked it. He scattered its seeds in a halo of magic seals sparking to life down his frame and atop Fei Yu's little form, and it billowed, refreshed; just for him to shoot out of the water as his perfuming magic dispersed, soaring through the opening his friend had made for them both with what could constitute a battle cry. It was more a particularly ferocious, slightly bruised, mewl; a hand to help keep Yu in place and a dandelion blossom carrying him into the scentless sky and the ongoing combat they had flung into. Better than anything else being flung, he reasoned, and he settled in a hover with his staff pointed at the kobold Vesper frayed with -- 

Astrid had called her own battle, and Briar wasn't going to do any less than live by her example. "Thy name is Trumpet Creeper!" A seal would glow beneath the creature at blows, glimmering, for sticky vines to materialize grasping from its light until the poor kobold was fettered by his magic. Flowers bloomed from their trappings, easing the lingering smell for those on the ground.

[ 1171 | Learning B-Rank Name of Dandelion (600 req) ]

Actions:
Stats & Gear:

#9Ryuko 

Sometimes the best offense is the smelly one [Group B] Empty Thu May 16, 2024 10:55 am

Ryuko

It was fortunate that each of the mages in the group had their own thoughts on how to handle the current predicament. Whether it was through Vesper who used CHOCOLATE to blow a hole in one of the crates, and Astrid delivering the nightmare to the kobolds by using some sort of spider webbing to drag the two kobolds down into the hole. To the remaining kobold it looked like a scene from a horror movie: the way their friends clawed onto the ground.

"Save me Willbert!" one of the kobolds cried out pathetically as he felt his body dragged toward the hole alongside his mate. "Tell Darkfang I love.... to get a raise!" And then the two were pulled into the sewers, the sudden blast of magic quite literally burying them into the crater underneath the sewer. Perhaps Astrid was of the mind that kobolds would have to be buried among their own territory? Although to drown them in the sewers was kinda evil...

Meanwhile as Vesper and Briar made their way up to the next floor through the stairs, Briar's spell made the little fairy inhale the floral scent with a sigh of relief. "Aaah~ Febreeze, you are my hero little Bri-chan~" Of course Briar was not done yet, using a powerful binding spell to restrain the kobold, the vines making it screech out. "SEWER DEMONS! THE SEWER DEMONS ARE INVADING THE CASTLE!" The poor kobold cried out just moments before Vesper came delivering a powerful punch to the cheek of the kobold, knocking any will to fight out of it. "Evil sewer demons! I... I... I won't forgive what you did to my friends!"

The kobold cried out as it started to break some of the vines that were restraining its body. Meanwhile the little fairy hiding among Briar's hair whispered worriedly. "Careful Bri, I'm sensing a flood of voidal energy building up in that kobold, at this rate he might become corrupted by the void..."

-----

Kobold 1 & 2 got buried in the sewers
Kobold 3 got beaten but according to Yu something is about to happen to him! Be careful!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum