Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Upon the Yawning Sun [Ittindi]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Saturn 

Upon the Yawning Sun [Ittindi] Empty Thu Jun 20, 2024 4:06 pm

Saturn
Saturn sat on the docks staring out across the ocean; he had gotten to see Vander tower become something much better and greater than what he had anticipated in a very short time. Built up from his efforts and then kept aloft by having it aligned with the rune knight faction, it quickly became an important hub for travel for the order in the northern prominences. An easy way to travel to most of the coasts around here. He was glad that it was handled like this but…

He couldn’t help but lament something that had come from his actions; something that he hadn’t even expected from the council. Not to mention the other knights in the order that he knew of; the paltry few that he was expecting. Toga, ittindi, averie. There was even a few other names that had been around for a minute like primula and tempris. But the very last person that he expected to be gone, or missing was Kon. The general for the rune knights had all but vanished. No one knew where he had run off to. Which left the council wanting.

Which left them picking a new general before his seat had even grown cold. He had expected Toga. The bright dragonslayer was someone that he could see leading the knights into a very civilian friendly future and the brightness of that human was definitely something that would be helpful in the long run. The council could use that to better their relations with other countries that weren’t a part of it or had little control.

His hand clenched around the letter that was in his right hand. His feet started to kick the water below the docks and he’d sigh a bit. He was wearing his raiment but thankfully it wasn’t the armored version else that would have made the letter now unreadable. It was a long winded thing that eventually gave him props for doing so much in such a short time. Going on and on and on. Until dropping something on him that left him flabbergasted.

General.

They had made him general; of everyone in the rune knights they had picked someone that had only recently come to earthland as a whole and while his maturity had spiked he wasn’t sure if he was ready for the responsibility attached to it. He’d stare down at the letter and just shake his head a few times. He could feel the aching of the sun across his back; it was starting to get late. But he wasn’t sure what he was going to do about this; he had to think. Make plans. He wanted to help people and this would let him but it would let them control him easier. He liked the idea of freedom; not additional shackles. He’d let out a soft hum that was charged with mana; the water vibrated by him, the light and darkness nearby seemed to quiver.

Unique positions… unique decisions. I bet she’d laugh.

Saturn sighed softly and let his shoulders shag, this would complicate things a bit too. Ever since becoming the forgotten dragonslayer and a demon his life had already quite a few things going for it that he was learning to manage. Now he had to figure out how to lead the most prominent order in the entire earthland to boot? Oh Brother.

#2Ittindi 

Upon the Yawning Sun [Ittindi] Empty Thu Jun 20, 2024 6:28 pm

Ittindi
Ittindi felt at peace staring at the sea, it offered the same serenity and danger that a jungle or forest did. The rest of the Knights were busy handling the duties of the ship. His mana car underneath in storage, the perks of his new rank as a Major. Ittindi was wearing his signature magical suit the tophat sporting a bright blue like the water on the shore they were approaching. Ittindi could make him out now, the new General of the Rune Knights. If it was in his power he’d have the men salute as soon as they saw General Saturn’s silhouette across the ocean then they’d crash the ship straight into the dock they were so disciplined.

However, Ittindi knew his men as well as a little about General Saturn. They’d find such respect for titles to be extreme, though they lacked the proper insight into the power of titles like Ittindi did. That was really his only problem with both General Saturn and Colonel Tōga they didn’t seem to hold the same reverence for office Ittindi did. He wondered if that was part of the reason why General Saturn was picked over Colonel Tōga. Ittindi hadn’t had time to figure out the council’s reasoning in selection, not that he was one with authority to question.

Another Knight a squire, would walk by Ittindi greeting him, but also following it up with a popular religious phrase. Ittindi had recently purchased a gun designed like a large cross. Engraved randomly into it were verses as well as symbols from Illumin. As a result, his religion had been boldly put on display some thought him a fanatic now. Which to be fair could describe his attitude towards cleaning. Ittindi hadn’t gotten to test it much, but from what he had done he was in love with the gun/ rocket launcher. Though that part would remain secret until Ittindi needed it’s abilities.

The horn of land approaching signaled their boat making land, as Ittindi went to the aft of the ship to give General Saturn a salute. Then he’d walk down the stairs to land while hearing lots of greetings for both General Saturn and him. Ittindi would give General Saturn one more salute as he approached before speaking to him.

”General Saturn, congratulations on the promotion. You know I never got to meet the former general, I do hope he is ok. I’ll admit I was intrigued with the island, the wilds and Eversworn tree have piqued my interest.”

Ittindi of course also came to see General Saturn and congratulate him. As well as receive any orders if necessary, but he’d be lying if he didn’t come here with the intention of seeing the Eversworn tree. He had heard about it from the few wealthier couples in the Rune Knights, it had quickly become a place for the meditative.

While at the moment General Saturn and Ittindi were outside, he assumed that would change sooner than later. As Rune Knights were already starting to hover around them, slowly creating a circle as if the General and Ittindi planned on having a schoolhouse brawl.

#3Saturn 

Upon the Yawning Sun [Ittindi] Empty Fri Jun 21, 2024 10:38 am

Saturn
Seeing the ship rapidly approach saturn could tell from a glance that it was one of the rune knight ones. They had a certain look to them and with the heraldry that the ship possessed it wasn’t difficult to figure out. However just because it was one of his own didn’t mean he was necessarily stoked to see a bunch of people saluting him from a distance. He felt a little exasperated; he could see ittindi just fine and the people that weren’t the polite butler type were following suit likely because of either respect for the rank or because that ittindi did it first. Saturn couldn’t help but just return the salute with a friendly wave. He had really never been one for this sort of thing.

The last salute that ittindi gave him was returned half heartedly; it was clear that saturn didn’t really enjoy that sort of thing but given the respect that he was being given from people here he felt like he needed to do something. His eyes slid across ittindi’s shoulders to note the gun on his back; he wasn’t inherently familiar with fire arms or the like but he had to admit to himself that was a fairly cool weapon.

Howdy Ittndi. It’s good to see you again. Thanks, it’s a set of large shoes I’m not sure how well I’ll be filling if I’m being honest. I met kon once back when I still didn’t know how to speak fiorian very well outside a few words. Been a long time really so I hope he’s okay too.

The ears of the demon flicked a bit and he’d slowly push himself up off of the dock, being careful not to fall over into the water. He noted that there was a lot of the younger or lower ranked knights about them now; probably excited for their orders or perhaps just wanted to see him or ittindi closer than before.

The wilds are most of the non-colonized part of the island and the Eversworn tree is certainly an interesting place. Very… gentle and soft compared to a good chunk of the island. Got any questions about them?

Saturn dusted his pants off and tilted his head; was ittindi wanting to go to one of those places? Saturn would gladly show him the way; he didn’t have much to do at the moment at least with the island still in its infancy. Saturn gave a small wave to the gathering rune knights. He stood a head, shoulders and torso taller than most so he practically dwarfed everyone here in his ‘natural’ form. He’d look about at the gathering knights and eventually just rubbed at his furred snout.

If you all could, start unloading the ship and get things situated. There will be a meeting later and many of you will find your orders in your rooms up in the outpost.

His attention rested on ittindi and the behemoth of a demon pondered for a moment. Outside of the beach party he and ittindi had never really interacted in extensive length. This would mark the second or third time that they really had done anything right? There was an inner shrug as that wasn’t really important; he knew that ittindi was more professional than he was given that he constantly used that rank and the saluting. Saturn couldn’t really remember a time where he ever did that frequently outside of the first few weeks.

As for the two of us, I have some things that I’d like to discuss. Nothing terribly worrying though.

#4Ittindi 

Upon the Yawning Sun [Ittindi] Empty Sat Jun 22, 2024 8:02 pm

Ittindi
As expected General Saturn, wasn’t to keen on the pomp and circumstance, Ittindi wondered if he’d ever find another Rune Knight that was engaged with the ceremonial as much as the protection of people. He had to admit though, if he had to choose one or the other in a zero-sum game he’d choose General Saturn and Colonel’s Tōga’s attitude over someone more obsessed with ceremony than protecting others. General Saturn would address Ittindi’s questions directly, and he had to admit it only helped his reputation among the knights. He could hear the lower members whispering under baited breath, at the anticipation of seeing two higher level members of the Rune Knights discuss the future together.  Ittindi found himself looking up when talking to General Saturn, maybe his size was part of the reason he was picked. He had heard from more than one person their admiration for taller figures across all industries. Ittindi at his modest 5’10” never felt at odds with being short, but he also liked to appear subservient.

”Not at this exact moment, half the fun is nature is in the exploration. A famous phrase my head butler use to tell me, Journey before destination, words to live by in my opinion.  Would you prefer me not to call you General by the way, I know Colonel Tōga prefers Mr. Tōga. Though I’m afraid you’ll have to pick an honorific of some kind, even if you don’t recognize your own accomplishments I will.”

Ittindi usually wasn’t as blunt as he was now, but he had a feeling that was what someone like General Saturn wanted. He reminded him of Lady Lumikki in that way, Ittindi could never understand what was the point of working for a station if you didn’t acknowledge it? He did sympathize though he wouldn’t want to cause undue drama by a title.

As he mentioned orders to the others, they’d all move on from the encirclement around him and General Saturn. Going about their duties, while still continuously looking over with curiosity, at the Major and General of the Rune Knights. As General Saturn continued in their conversation he mentioned there were issues to discuss.  Ittindi’s curiosity was piqued, he wondered what General Saturn had in mind something not serious but needed to be discussed? He wondered if it had to do anything with the new island acquired by the Rune Knights or something different entirely. His mind racing with ideas he prayed that it had nothing to do with his Young Master or Lady Lumikki.

”Of course, whatever is on your mind.”

#5Saturn 

Upon the Yawning Sun [Ittindi] Empty Thu Jun 27, 2024 6:57 am

Saturn
Saturn wasn’t keen on it due to his feelings of aptitude, he felt like there were other better choices and he was just the one they picked in a rush in a hurry. He wasn’t sure the machinations of the council and he found himself struggling to adapt and commit to such a cause as this. But when he was told of it’s reach afterwards the giant had accepted it; begrudgingly. Frustratingly. He could feel that modest concern building in his chest and saturn felt the eyes and mutters of the lower ranked around him. Thankful he was able to to send them on their way. Saturn sighed as the professionalism made itself manifest from ittindi; it was unavoidable now.

Your head butler had a good… head on his shoulders. No pun intended. Sir is fine or Saturn, or have at you, just it can be a mouthful to say General Saturn or some other honorific. Pick your poison but in the event of combat please just use my name.

Saturn rubbed at his neck; every little moment counted in that sort of venue and he’d prefer people not to stumble through more words than were needed in the event of the worst happening. Saturn would adjust and start to walk, motioning for ittindi to follow after him. The two could walk and talk while they did this; if the butler wanted to see the various areas well who better than the man responsible for clearing out the bigger threats on the island in the first night of it being back in reality?

After my appointment to general a great many things were made known to me. A great many instances and innerworks that I wasn’t aware of at the time. I didn’t even fully know the scope of the rune knights. Only thinking that they were regulated to protecting fiore and serving under its king.

Saturn felt this was necessary for what he had to say next; his eyes cracking open and the golden orbs staring down at the butler. There was no malvelonce in his voice; no judgement none of that higher than thou sort of nonsense higher ups sometimes had. Just concern and commitment to something greater.

I felt trapped, Ittindi. In the idea I could only ever protect one country because of my commitment to fiore. But now I know better. So I’m going to rely on you, toga, and anyone else that enters into the rune knights to help me protect not just one country. But all of them. Even the ones beyond the Council.

Saturn paused mid stride and tapped at his chin thoughtfully; a common tick of his followed suit by his ears swiveling slightly as to keep track of what was around him. When he first started in the knights he was a lot less comfortable in his body and more so just projected ideals rather than keeping them close to his chest.

I want you and anyone you deem fit to start gathering allies, our fight against the void hasn’t necessarily been going well but that’s not the only threat that we’re likely going to be under fire from. Many countries as of late have gone to war and that is frankly worrying.

He’d turn his head and look down to ittindi; his usual upbeat attitude was somewhat wavering in concern. His hands clasped and he’d sigh softly. There was a few other things too.

There’s… also a Ball coming up. One that’ll be seeing diplomats from all across the world attending, not to mention royalty. Which you know how… dangerous it is for people to be gathered like that. Heads of many countries in one place.

He'd also mutter under his breath...

"I don't know how to dance."

#6Ittindi 

Upon the Yawning Sun [Ittindi] Empty Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:33 pm

Ittindi
”Not a problem Sir, that’s how you’ll know if I’m worried or not. I only use honorifics when the combat is trivial.”

Some would think Ittindi conceited for such a statement, but there were just as many life threatening situations as there were non-threatening ones. A good Knight had the judgement to discern  the difference between the two and act appropriately. It was like seating a banquet, not only did one have to make sure they knew the ins and outs of the social “statusphere” they also had to know who to hire for the perfect set up, the right catering for the right feel. There were so many minute details that could transform a party into a soiree. General Saturn would usher him as they started to walk and continue their conversation.

Ittindi couldn’t imagine the pressure that General Saturn felt as he listed off the various issues around the world. His focus was greater than the last leaders of the Rune Knights, it had always been an organization of the Council, which included more countries than just Fiore. However, the leader of the Rune Knight often stayed Fiorecentric, it seemed that General Saturn did not wish to repeat the same mistake.

”Yes, I don’t mind serving as a representative for whatever region is needed. I have traveled to a decent amount of the world. In fact I’m planning on going to Iceberg pretty soon.”

Ittindi could see why the council had chosen to put him in place. A last cry against the Fiore dominated majority that seemed to sweep the globe. Ittindi didn’t mind who he served, and General Saturn seemed to be able to help him fulfill his dream potentially faster with the larger scope of duties.

”Hmm I think you’re right Sir we should be striving to help all people. That means I will need to grow stronger to try and keep up with you and Colonel Tōga.”

Ittindi always seemed to be climbing, whether in his work or his personal life. He wondered if he would continue to be the same person when he finished? Would he even have the chance? The eternal questions of mortals. Snapped back in an instant at General Saturn’s talking of the ball, he had all but forgotten. He would have to attend as security, he could easily do undercover work as a Rune Knight. He’d dreamed of waiting at an event like this since he was a boy.

”Yes a ball, I’d love to be part of the security for that Sir. Just to make sure that everything was above board.”

He had seen far greater corruption than his wanting to go to the ball. Ittindi did feel like he was cheating his training, he hadn’t taken the time to do so even with joining the Amaforth Academy. They had an excellent campus capable of withstanding the worst of his attempted spells. At least for now another soft goal forming in his head of being able to destroy part of the facility with his magic power.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum