Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Barrang [RANK - A SOLO]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Zerutod 

Barrang [RANK - A SOLO] Empty Mon Jul 22, 2024 7:10 pm

Zerutod
Zerutod stepped onto the cobbled streets of Astera, the rhythmic clop of his boots echoing against the whitewashed buildings. The salty breeze from the azure sea mingled with the faint scent of roasted fish wafting from a nearby stall. He paused, tilting his head slightly as he listened to the town’s lively chatter, the distant laughter of children, and the occasional crash of waves against the shore. “Ah, what a lovely day!” he exclaimed, his voice soft yet filled with an enthusiasm that felt out of place against the backdrop of hushed conversations. “Isn’t it wonderful that the sun shines so brightly?” Most townsfolk gave him little more than a passing glance, their faces etched with worry. But Zerutod, with his messy silver hair and lavender, pupil-less eyes, remained blissfully unaware of their unease. His demeanor, clumsy and polite, acted as his shield. As he moved deeper into the town, he caught snippets of conversation, fragments of fear and despair. “Did you hear? Barrang's been sighted again!” a woman gasped, clutching her child closer. “I can’t believe we’re still here,” another voice trembled, thick with dread.

Excuse me, fine lady!” Zerutod called out, approaching the woman. “What might this ‘Barrang’ be? I’ve heard whispers of it, but I’m afraid I know little.” The woman narrowed her eyes, taken aback by the blind man’s audacity to approach. “[color=#ff9900]It’s a beast, you fool! It burrows underground and devours anyone who crosses its path. You should leave, while you still can!” Her tone was sharp, laced with irritation. Zerutod chuckled softly, waving a hand dismissively. “Oh, but I must insist on learning more! Surely, there’s something fascinating about such a creature. You might say I have an insatiable curiosity!” The woman scoffed, shaking her head as she turned away. “Curiosity will get you killed.” Undeterred, Zerutod continued his meandering, his footsteps leading him toward a bustling tavern. The sign creaked overhead, swinging in the breeze, announcing its presence with a loud *squeak.* He pushed the door open, the heavy wood groaning in protest. Inside, the atmosphere shifted. The lively chatter turned to hushed whispers as patrons eyed him, their gazes flitting to his eyes before darting away. He approached the bar, the polished surface gleaming under the dim light.

Good day, kind sir!” he said to the bartender, who was polishing a tankard. “Might you share some tales of this notorious Barrang? I find myself quite intrigued.” The bartender, a burly man with a thick beard, raised an eyebrow. “You’re bold, stranger. Most folks around here would tell you to mind your business.” Zerutod leaned in, lowering his voice conspiratorially. “Ah, but you see, I’ve always believed knowledge is the greatest weapon. And I have an unyielding thirst for it. Please, indulge me.” A few patrons snorted at his words, their laughter echoing like *ha-ha-ha* in the cramped space. The bartender, however, seemed amused rather than irritated. “Alright, but don’t say I didn’t warn you. Barrang’s no ordinary beast. It’s a monster of nightmares, with claws and teeth sharp enough to tear a man in half.” Zerutod nodded, feigning wide-eyed astonishment, though inside, his mind was already racing through the implications. “Fascinating! And the tales… do they say anything about how to defeat it? Surely, such knowledge exists!” The laughter around him faded, replaced by an uneasy silence. “Defeat it? No one who’s faced Barrang has lived to tell the tale,” the bartender replied, his voice low and grave. “[color=#00ccff]Best you leave while you can.” “Leave?” Zerutod echoed a hint of playfulness in his tone. “But I’ve only just arrived! How could I possibly abandon such a thrilling mystery?” The bartender shook his head, his expression darkening. “You don’t understand. People have gone missing. Families, friends… all taken by that beast. It’s a curse upon our town.” Zerutod leaned back, crossing his arms with a thoughtful expression. “But isn’t that what makes a challenge so worth pursuing? Every great discovery comes with its own risks.

At that moment, a young man, clearly agitated, slammed his tankard down on the bar, sending a splash of ale flying. “You’re a fool! You don’t know what you’re getting into!” His voice was harsh, laced with anger. “Barrang is not a riddle to be solved. It’s a death sentence.” “Calm yourself, friend,” Zerutod replied, his tone soothing yet firm. “I assure you, I’m quite capable of handling myself. Besides, someone must confront this menace. Why not me?” A murmur of disbelief rippled through the tavern, and the bartender frowned. “You’re blind, for the love of the gods. How can you hope to fight a creature like that?” Zerutod chuckled softly again, a sound that was almost musical. “Ah, but my blindness has taught me to see the world differently. I perceive things others do not.” “Like what?” the young man challenged, crossing his arms defiantly. “Like the fear in this room,” Zerutod replied, his voice steady. “You’re all trapped in your own shadows, terrified of what lurks beyond. But facing fear often reveals its weaknesses.” The young man’s face flushed with anger, but before he could retort, Zerutod continued, his tone shifting to a more serious note. “Fear is a powerful force, yes. But it can be harnessed, understood, and ultimately defeated. I’ve studied creatures like Barrang. I know their biology, their magic. I can help.” The bartender frowned, his skepticism palpable. “And what makes you think you’re any match for a monster that has killed so many?” Zerutod’s lavender eyes flashed, a rare intensity breaking through his playful facade. “Because I refuse to let ignorance and fear dictate my path. The world needs change, and I intend to be the one who pushes it forward. Even if it means confronting a beast in the shadows.

The tavern fell silent, the weight of his words hanging in the air. Slowly, the patrons began to whisper among themselves, uncertainty creeping into their expressions. “Let him go, then!” someone finally said, laughter tinged with nervousness. “If he thinks he can handle Barrang, let him try!” Zerutod turned, a calm smile returning to his face as he addressed the room. “I appreciate your confidence in me! But I’d rather not go into this blind—figuratively speaking, of course.” A hesitant laugh broke the tension, and the atmosphere lightened a fraction. It was then that Zerutod realized he had ignited something in them—a flicker of hope amidst despair. As he left the tavern, the sun dipped lower in the sky, casting long shadows along the cobblestone streets. Zerutod breathed in the salty air, feeling the energy of the town pulse around him. “Time to gather more knowledge,” he murmured, an eager smile playing on his lips. “And perhaps, just perhaps, put an end to this Barrang once and for all.

[1130/2000]

#2Zerutod 

Barrang [RANK - A SOLO] Empty Tue Jul 23, 2024 12:55 am

Zerutod
The following morning, the sun rose over Astera, casting a warm glow over the town and illuminating the cobbled streets. Zerutod stood at the edge of a bustling marketplace, the sounds of vendors hawking their wares ringing in his ears. He adjusted his trench coat and inhaled the mingling scents of fresh bread, herbs, and the briny sea. Today, he would gather the information he needed.
Excuse me, good sir!” Zerutod called out to a nearby vendor selling fish, his voice cheerful. “Might you tell me what you know of Barrang? I hear it has been causing quite a stir.” The vendor, a stocky man with a bushy beard, looked up from his scaled catch, his eyes narrowing. “ You’re the blind fool who’s looking to fight it, aren’t you?” He chuckled a harsh sound that cut through the morning chatter.  Zerutod nodded, his expression earnest. “Indeed! I am quite curious about this creature. Any detail, no matter how small, could prove invaluable.” The vendor snorted, placing a hand on his hip. “ Valuable? You’ll be valuable to Barrang’s belly if you’re not careful. It’s a beast that doesn’t play games. You think you can just waltz in and take it down?” Zerutod’s brow furrowed briefly before he replied, “Ah, but knowledge is power, my friend. If you could share what you’ve heard, perhaps I can turn that power into action.” The vendor scratched his chin, eyeing Zerutod with a mix of skepticism and intrigue. “Well, I’ve heard it’s got claws like daggers and scales tougher than steel. But the worst part is how it moves; it burrows into the ground and strikes when you least expect it. And it’s got these glowing red eyes that pierce through the dark.” “Interesting!” Zerutod exclaimed, his enthusiasm bubbling over. “And what about its weaknesses? Surely, such a creature must have vulnerabilities.

The vendor shrugged, his laughter turning into a low growl. “Weakness? The only weakness is in the minds of those who think they can take it on. Best you get yourself out of here, blind man. There’s no glory in being a meal.” “Glory is not my aim,” Zerutod replied, undeterred. “I seek understanding. Thank you for your insights!” He turned away, leaving the vendor muttering curses under his breath. As he navigated through the throng of the market, voices swirled around him like leaves in the wind. “Did you hear? They say Barrang took another victim last night!” a woman exclaimed. “Who? Do you know who it was?” another voice asked, full of concern. Zerutod’s ears perked up, and he adjusted his path toward the sound, weaving through the crowd until he found the source—a group of women gossiping near a fruit stall. “Excuse me, ladies!” he called out, his voice polite and soft. “Might you share who the unfortunate soul was? I’ve been told that knowledge can sometimes ease the burden of fear.” One of the women, tall with dark hair, glanced at him, her expression a mix of curiosity and caution. “Why do you want to know? You’re not planning on confronting Barrang, are you?” Zerutod smiled gently. “I assure you, I take no pleasure in the idea of confronting anyone. However, I believe understanding the creature’s patterns may aid in protecting others.” The women exchanged glances, and the dark-haired one took a breath. “It was young Tomas, the fisherman’s son. Just a boy, really. He went out last night to check his nets and never came back.” Her voice trembled, and Zerutod could hear the weight of grief hanging in the air. “I’m so sorry to hear that,” he said, his tone sincere. “Do you know if there were any signs of Barrang nearby? Perhaps tracks or strange disturbances?

The woman shook her head, tears glistening in her eyes. “No one knows what it looks like. It’s always in the dark, lurking beneath the ground. All we have are stories…” “Stories can be powerful,” Zerutod interjected softly. “Even the faintest whispers can illuminate the truth.”  “Maybe,” the woman replied, wiping her eyes. “But they don’t bring back the dead.” Zerutod nodded, respecting her pain. “You’re right. But perhaps if we understand this creature better, we can prevent more tragedies like Tomas’s.” The other women murmured their agreement, and Zerutod could sense their hesitation turning into a cautious hope. “Thank you for sharing this with me. If you hear anything else, please don’t hesitate to contact me. My name is Zerutod.” With that, he stepped away, feeling a mix of determination and sorrow. The more he learned, the more he realized the depth of the town’s despair. It was not just about Barrang; it was about the lives it had shattered. As the sun climbed higher, Zerutod made his way to a different part of town, seeking the local inn. It was a modest establishment, but the heavy oak door creaked open to reveal a warm hearth and the smell of freshly baked bread.  “Welcome!” a cheerful voice greeted him. The innkeeper, a portly man with a wide grin, approached. “What can I do for you today?” “Good day to you!” Zerutod replied, his tone bright. “I am here to gather tales of Barrang. Perhaps you could share what you know?

The innkeeper’s smile faltered, his eyes darkening. “Barrang? Aye, that beast is a nightmare. Takes the unsuspecting in the dead of night. Best to stay indoors after sunset.” Zerutod nodded, leaning in slightly. “I understand that fear is palpable around here. But surely, there must be something you’ve heard that could help me?” “Help you?[/color]” the innkeeper scoffed, shaking his head. “You’re a blind man thinking you can take on a monster? What do you hope to accomplish?” “Understanding,” Zerutod replied, his voice steady. “If I can find a way to predict its movements or understand its behavior, perhaps I can devise a plan to confront it. Knowledge is the key.” The innkeeper sighed, folding his arms. “All I know is that it comes from the north. Some say it’s tied to old magic, something that’s been buried in these lands for centuries. But no one has dared to explore those ruins.” “Ruins?” Zerutod asked, his interest piqued. “Where might I find these ruins?” “Head north of the town, past the cliffs. There’s an old castle that’s been abandoned for years. People say it’s haunted, but it’s just a shell now. If you’re looking for answers, that’s where you’ll find them.” “I appreciate your guidance!” Zerutod said, a smile creeping onto his lips. “And if you hear any news about Barrang, please pass it along to me.” The innkeeper nodded begrudgingly, watching as Zerutod headed for the door. “Just be careful. The night is not a kind mistress, and Barrang’s shadows stretch far.

Zerutod stepped back into the sunlight, the warmth enveloping him like a protective cloak. He felt invigorated by the prospects ahead. The ruins might hold secrets about Barrang, and perhaps even a way to end its reign of terror. “Onward!” he murmured to himself, determination fueling his steps as he made his way out of the town and toward the looming cliffs in the distance. As he walked, the sound of waves crashing against the rocks filled his ears, creating a soothing rhythm that contrasted sharply with the tension brewing within him. The landscape shifted, the cobblestones giving way to rougher terrain as he approached the cliffs. “Just a little further,” he encouraged himself, his heart racing with anticipation. “Knowledge awaits.[/color]” After hours of trekking, Zerutod arrived at the base of the cliffs, the old castle looming above him like a silent guardian. Its crumbling walls were draped in vines, and the stones felt cool beneath his fingers as he gently brushed against them.  “Hello!” he called out, his voice echoing against the stone. “Is anyone here?”  The silence answered him, thick and heavy. Zerutod stepped inside the castle’s entrance, the air cool and damp. As he ventured further, he could sense the remnants of a once-magnificent structure, now reduced to shadows and whispers. “Time to search for answers,” he muttered, his heart pounding with excitement and fear.  He moved cautiously through the halls, listening intently for any sign of life. The old floorboards creaked underfoot, the sound echoing like distant voices in the dark.

“Anyone?[/color]” he called again, his voice reverberating in the emptiness. “I seek knowledge about Barrang!”  As he ventured deeper into the castle, he came across a large chamber filled with dust-covered tomes and scrolls. “A library!” he exclaimed, excitement bubbling over. “This must hold the answers I seek.[/color]” Zerutod carefully approached the nearest shelf, his fingers brushing against the spines of the books. “Let’s see what secrets you hide.”  He pulled a volume free, its cover worn and faded. “Ah, history!” he said, smiling to himself. “Let’s dive into the past.” He opened the book, the pages crackling under his touch. The text was faded, but he could make out words about ancient creatures, dark magic, and forgotten battles. As he read, he could feel the weight of the knowledge pressing upon him, filling him with a sense of purpose. Suddenly, a low growl echoed through the chamber, sending a shiver down his spine. Zerutod froze, his heart racing as he strained to listen. “What was that?” he murmured, adrenaline surging through him. A shadow flickered in the corner of his vision, and he turned, his pulse quickening. “Hello?” he called, his voice steadier than he felt. “Is someone there?[/color]” The growl came again, louder this time, reverberating off the stone walls. It was deep and menacing, unlike anything he had ever encountered.  Zerutod gripped his katana, drawing it from its sheath with a smooth motion. “Show yourself!” he demanded, his voice firm. “I am not afraid!” The figure emerged from the shadows, and his breath caught in his throat. A creature, unlike anything he had imagined, stood before him. Its dark purple scales glimmered in the dim light, and its luminescent red eyes pierced through the darkness, locking onto his. “Barrang?” he whispered, the realization dawning upon him. The beast let out a bone-chilling roar, shaking the very foundations of the castle. Instinct took over, and Zerutod sprang into action. “I will not be your prey!” he shouted, determination flooding his veins. As the creature lunged, Zerutod sidestepped, using his electroreception to sense its movements. The ground shook beneath him as Barrang’s claws scraped against the stone.  “Time to put knowledge into action!” Zerutod declared, his mind racing as he calculated his next move.  He darted forward, his katana glinting in the low light as he slashed at the creature. Barrang recoiled, snarling, its eyes filled with fury.
Zerutod felt the rush of adrenaline as he engaged the beast, every instinct honed to perfection. “You may have terrorized this town, but today, it ends!” he shouted, his voice echoing with resolve. With each strike, he maneuvered around Barrang, using his agility to evade the creature’s powerful swipes. The battle raged on, the chamber filled with the sounds of clashing metal and the beast’s furious roars.  Zerutod fought not just to survive, but to uncover the truth hidden within the beast’s rage. “You’re a product of fear and darkness,” he breathed, feeling the pull of his own darker side surfacing. “But I shall bring light to this shadow![/color]” With one final movement, he unleashed a surge of time magic, freezing Barrang in place. “Now!” he shouted, channeling every ounce of energy into his katana as he lunged forward.

The blade met the creature’s scales with a resounding *clang,* and Zerutod felt the force of the impact reverberate through him. But he pressed on, determined to break the cycle of fear that had plagued Astera for far too long. As the battle reached its climax, Zerutod’s resolve hardened. “You will not win today, Barrang!” he declared, his voice fierce and unwavering. With one final strike, fueled by the knowledge he had gained, he pierced the heart of the beast. Barrang let out a deafening roar, a sound that echoed through the castle, and then fell silent. Zerutod stood panting, the weight of the battle crashing down upon him. He had faced the beast, confronted his own fears, and emerged victorious. “Knowledge truly is power,” he murmured, the echoes of the fight lingering in the air. As the dust settled, Zerutod felt a sense of purpose surge within him. He had not only defeated Barrang but had also uncovered the truth behind the creature’s existence. The cycle of fear would end here, and he would carry that knowledge back to Astera.  With a determined step, Zerutod turned to leave the castle, ready to face whatever awaited him in the town beyond.

-THE END-

[3248/200][/color]

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum