Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Eye's are the Window to your Soul

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Lumikki 

Eye's are the Window to your Soul Empty Tue May 28, 2024 9:57 pm

Lumikki

In a flash, it felt like Lumikki’s soul shifted back into place, but it took a while before it settled just right. The dizziness from the vision kept her in a daze but Sága would retract her hand and give the young frost mage some time to recover. Eventually, Lumikki regained all her capacity and would quickly grab her glass for a drink.” Has that affect the first few times. After a while, I always made sure to keep plenty of drinks on hand. If you ever come back for a visit, I’d tell ye a few stories of others who’ve seen what I could show. Odin himself is one of my favorites.” The woman laughed with such mirth at the sentiment, relishing in all the stories she had to give. Truth be told, she didn’t get as many visitors as she’d like, but she was grateful for every single one all the same.

Meanwhile, Lumikki was recovering from her cotton mouth with frustration and fervor as her animated gestures though unnecessary brought her back to life.” Ye’d want me back?” Lumikki whimpered, almost overly sentimental. ” Stories are best when there’s someone to tell ‘em to dear, and sadly there hasn’t been many coming through me brook. The tides of Iceberg are shifting, but I hope with yer intervention, some of the old ways could settle back in too.” Sága gave Lumikki a warm smile and pushed the loose hair from out of the Demoness’s face. All of Lumikki was left wild from her antiques and lunging toward her drink. So Sága would set it all right with a motherly-like grace.” Keep following my brook until it leads you to a cave, little one. There should be a gate somewhere within that cavern, and you’ll need to find and enter it. I cannot promise the next part of your adventure will be pleasant, but I can tell you it’ll get you started on finding your answers. The mortals have become too out of touch with our messages, so your influence could help realign the realms. We gods, may be far but your presence just might bridge the gap.”

Right then, it was as if water was flooding Sága’s world, or perhaps that was wrong, and it was always flooded around her but not quite so apparent. Lumikki would swell into another panic but the feel of Sága's hand lingering still on her forehead for a moment, soothed her to a calm before all things turned black. With rapid blinking, eventually, her vision would come flooding back and she'd see Tenevi sitting upon her chest, hunched over with the harpy's face touching hers." She's back!" Tenevi would utter frantically more to herself than anyone else." She's back..."
She'd gasped over and over. Tears seeped from the harpy's half-closed eyes in colors as exuberant as the aurora lights of Lumikki's home. The Demoness with shaky hands, would wipe the tears, before promptly pulling Tenevi's face toward her own." Ye'd never lose me that easily Vee, I was just spirited away so that I could be given a story." The two took a moment to console the other while the brothers stood back and gave them time. When Tenevi calmed down, the party would finally continue.

" About this story?...." Mikhail finally inquired when enough time passed. The group was still following the brook on their way toward the cavern. " Ah yes.." she'd begin before filling them in. Mikhail listened to it intently while Mùchén was more animated during the story. Making mocking gestures upon mentions of the Forgotten King as he was no fan of rampant authority. Lumikki would veer her eyes away to save herself from laughing, but Mikhail threw cold stares from his annoyance to the jest. Tenevi though, had been the most silent of them all. Clinging onto Lumikki's hand as they journeyed through the depths.

Eye's are the Window to your Soul 17afcd10

The crunch of snow could be heard with every step. As they delved deeper into the cavern, the dark hardly hindered their eyes but no one saw as clearly as the Demoness whose gaze could pierce every crevice in the walls and ground. Her steps were sure but her brothers maintained a calculated grace. Beyond their movement, there was very little sound offered beyond the miscellaneous. Nothing to warrant the turn of their gaze but note to themselves as they hankered down. And all of them enjoyed the moment of silence and peace as they all felt deep down without sharing a word, that ancient magic thrived here. Even Mùchén dampened his playful energy, letting the mystery of the caves wash over it in awe and curiosity. While Mikhail did his best to note and inscribe the experience deep within himself as he was a man who enjoyed subtly when displaying his wonder.

As they stepped further, the reality around them felt as if it was shifting. At least that was how it felt to Lumikki in particular as she noticed the bending of reality and its effects on the world around her. All the while runes glew upon their approach almost spelling out the way. She took the curiosities in silence, not sure that breaking the quiet would suit her at the moment but eventually, she'd wonder the thoughts of others observing the path they partook." Odd place, isn't it..." They'd all nod as if their voices were robbed from them and before Lumikki could ramble on, she felt a shift within herself she could not ignore. Somewhat like the compulsion to walk into the water but this one would spirit her with energy. The Demoness in her excitement, skipped through the cavern, her wings sliding out slightly to help her grab wind and propel forward until a massive rock structure in the form of an arch with twin boulders lit with ancient runes met her. Massive roots from a tree she could not speculate, draped along the scene with such presence that it shook Lumikki to step further, for reasons she couldn't conclude at the moment. All she could do was walk to the boulders and trace the runes with her fingers as she read their message. First to herself but then she'd reiterate out loud in a tongue those around her could fathom.

" This magic proceeds all the kinds we know....and it would require the magic of a Frost Jotunn to activate...." It was like tapping into the magic of the words undid her facade. Her breathless echoing voice like the rolling winds of the tundra unraveled like hair from a braid. Though she would not notice, only choosing to go on." ᛊᚾᛟᚹ ᚲᛁᛊᛊᛖᛞ ᛊᚲᛁᚾ ᚹᛁᚦ ᛒᚱᛖᚦ ᛟᚠ ᛏᚢᚾᛞᚱᚨ, ᚲᛁᚾ ᚦᚨᛏ ᚱᛖᛊᛁᛞᛖ ᛗᚨᛁ ᛊᛏᚢᛗᛒᛚᛖ ᚦᚱᛟᚢᚷᚺ ᚦᛁ ᚷᚨᛏᛖ. ᛗᚨᛁ ᛁᛟᚢ ᛏᚨᚲᛖ ᚲᚨᚱᛖ ᛁᚾ ᛁᛟᚢᚱ ᛈᛚᛁᚷᚺᛏ ᚠᛟᚱ ᚹᛁᛊᛞᛟᛗ, ᚨᛊ ᛊᚢᚲᚺ ᚦᛁᛜᛊ ᚨᛚᚹᚨᛁᛊ ᚱᛖᚲᚢᛁᚱᛖ ᛊᚨᚲᚱᛁᚠᛁᚲᛖ, ᛖᚲᛊᛈᛖᚱᛁᛖᚾᚲᛖ, ᚨᚾᛞ ᛈᚨᛁᚾ."(" Snow kissed skin with breath of tundra, kin that reside may stumble through thy gate. may you take care in your plight for wisdom, as such things always require sacrifice, experience, and pain."

The words spoken made the gate come alive, the hidden runes on the arc now lit up before lifting off the stone and spiraling in front of the entry. It soon looked like a blizzard, that in a short moment, finally parted to show a new room. Its dimensions are a mystery and its splendor electrifying. Lumikki in her excitement lunged forward to enter the gate, but it would be Mùchén to grab her arm and keep her in place." Enough!" His tone was curt and sturn. You can hear the weariness of his voice but he would rather it not show. Mikhail would step in between Lumikki and the gate." You just keep throwing yourself into things like it's okay--but it's not! You think we could just see you rushing to your death like that? Every time?! Be for real, for just a moment Lumikki. This needs to stop, slow down! What did you even ask us to come here for, if you didn't think we'd step in? You know, I was really hoping you'd grow out of this by now."
Mùchén's words cut deep and tears welled in Lumikki's eyes. She was so overtaken by the shock of his interruption that it scared her, and then his words would seep through her fear and heavy her heart.

" I....I......I just feel like I have to...." Her body was feeling weak in his gripe as she was flooded with guilt and shame." Have to what, little raven?" Mikhail felt like a soothing balm after her brother's lashing, but she could not cling to the comfort as she knew she was wrong." I have to keep going....no matter what.......How else do I save me home from ruin and rut?"

" Raven, no one can save it if you let yourself die here. We aren't telling you to stop, only to slow down. You owe us that much, now relax little one. We can figure this all out together." Lumikki broke into a fit of tears, that went on for some time. Mùchén who went in the harshest, held her tightly but delicately until she stopped. No one stirred her or bothered her until she was done, and it was then that Tenevi would step into the forefront once more." My Lumi, I went ahead to check the gate for you. As I wish you'd let me from the start. It's safe passage but to where, I do not know."

" Good lil birdie, see sis? Things could work much smoother when you don't keep rushing in alone. Now come on Rav, I know this is important to you....and look....I'm sorry...I didn't mean to blow up on you like that but you just can't keep doing that. Okay? We love you, ya know? I just want you to lean on us and trust us too. But hey, good call bringing us over Rav, I really think it's the smartest thing you did." He pulled her into another hug under his left arm, making sure to squash her in his grasp in a teasing way. Lumikki muffled and frustrated pulled away in a fit, but when she was free there was a smile on her tear-stained face. " Thank ya..." She directed it to all of them and they took it happily.

As Tenevi insisted, the way was safe and they'd all step forward; but it would be when the Demoness passed through that the gate finally closed. " The hell man, it's always something.." Mùchén groaned." Only one way out I suppose, shall we?" Mikhail gestured for the frost mage to continue her lead, something she'd take enthusiastically with a smile, and the group would step through a hall before entering a large room. The roots that were present before only emerged thicker in this place, as if they were getting closer to said tree with each advance.

To the other end of the room, sat a curious sight. A well wrapped in roots, which wasn't as peculiar as the large head that was mounted above. Its eyes were closed but they flew open as Lumikki took steps closer, irises almost void of light.

Eye's are the Window to your Soul Img_7712

" Greetings wise one, are ye who I think ye are?" She'd stop when only three meters away, but her brothers were close behind and Tenevi stood pressed by her side." Aaaaaaah.....ᛒᛖᛖᚾ ᚨ ᚹᚺᛁᛚᛖ ᛊᛁᚾᚲᛖ ᛁ×ᚢᛖ ᛊᛖᛖᚾ ᚨ ᚠᚱᛟᛊᛏ ᛃᛟᛏᚢᚾᚾ."("Been a while since I've seen a Frost Jötnar.") He would whirl back to life, scrunching and stretching his jaw before finally adjusting to his audience. He hardly noticed the others as his focus was on Lumikki alone. As if she was the only one he could actually see.

" ᚹᚺᚨᛏ ᛒᚱᛁᛜᛊ ᛁᛟᚢ ᚺᛖᚱᛖ ᚲᚺᛁᛚᛞ? ᛁᛏ ᚺᚨᛊ ᛒᛖᛖᚾ ᛊᛟᛗᛖ ᛏᛁᛗᛖ ᛊᛁᚾᚲᛖ ᚨ ᚢᛁᛊᛁᛏᛟᚱ ᚲᚨᛗᛖ ᚨᛚᛟᛜ. ᛁᚠ ᛁᛟᚢ×ᚱᛖ ᚺᛖᚱᛖ ᚾᛟᚹ, ᚦᛖᚾ ᛁ ᚺᛟᛈᛖ ᚦᚨᛏ ᛗᛖᚾᛊ ᛁᛟᚢ ᚢᚾᛞᛖᚱᛊᛏᚨᚾᛞ ᚹᚺᛁ."(" What brings you here child? It has been some time since a visitor came along. If you're here now, then I hope that means you understand why.")

Lumikki nodded, her face almost looking defeated. She'd glance at her brothers and Tenevi before speaking on." Aye, I've come for yer wisdom. I'll need it for ending this war....."

" ᚹᛁᛊᛞᛟᛗ ᚲᚨᚾ ᚾᛟᛏ ᛒᛖ ᚷᚨᛁᚾᛖᛞ ᚹᛁᚦᛟᚢᛏ ᛊᚨᚲᚱᛁᚠᛁᚲᛖ. ᛏᚺᛖᛊᛖ ᚹᚨᛏᛖᚱᛊ ᛈᚱᛟᚢᛖ ᚾᛟᚱᛗᚨᛚ ᚢᚾᛏᛁᛚ ᚦᛖ ᛈᚱᛁᚲᛖ ᚺᚨᛊ ᛒᛖᛖᚾ ᛗᚨᛞᛖ. ᛊᚺᛟᚢᛚᛞ ᚦᚨᛏ ᛊᛏᛁᛚᛚ ᚾᛟᛏ ᛊᛏᛟᛈ ᛁᛟᚢ, ᚦᛖᚾ ᛈᚱᛖᛊᛖᚾᛏ ᛁᛟᚢᚱ ᛟᚠᚠᛖᚱᛁᛜ. ᛊᚺᛟᚢᛚᛞ ᛁᛏ ᛒᛖ ᚨᚲᚲᛖᛈᛏᛖᛞ ᛒᛁ ᚦᛖ ᛗᚨᚷᛁᚲ ᛟᚠ ᚦᛖ ᚹᚨᛏᛖᚱᛊ ᚦᚨᛏ ᛊᛈᛁᛚᛚ ᚠᛟᚱᚦ ᛒᛖᚾᛖᚦ ᛗᛖ."(" Wisdom can not be gained without sacrifice. These waters prove normal until the price has been made. Should that still not stop you, then present your offering. Should it be accepted by the magic of the waters that spill forth beneath me.")

Lumikki scrambled in thought for things she could part with. She never knew she'd find herself before Mimir in her search for a solution but she could hardly count herself surprised. The Witches were kind enough to help her understand that this journey required sacrifice and the story of Stigr proved that if he held no fear, nor shall she.

" Yes, I understand that I must make a sacrifice. Else I'll never get the answer to save me people. Mikhail, Mùchén! I need ye to stand back for this one, okay." Though before they could offer their interjection, two massive frost talons locked them into their grip. Keeping the pair from stepping forward and stopping the transaction.

Lumikki crossed the torches and fell to her knees, but she would not be still or stunned for long. Her wings began to unfurl revealing all four and when she got the strength, she'd try to pull and claw her way through her lower set. Her talons cut into the flesh and bone so as to sever them for her sacrifice. Tenevi, who had not been caught in the bind, lunged at her master. Her small hands tried to part Lumikki from her act. While her brothers called out for her to stop. Pleading to give them time to think of another plan.

Lumikki would not relent, she knew the importance of this place. She remembered the stories of Odin here and the price the god paid for his knowledge. If a god of his might could not escape the price, then so couldn't she; but if she slowed down for a moment if she halted....would she be able to complete this task?

" Lumikki stop! Lumikki I beg you, stop--please! I can't live with you like this. I can't let you hurt--I can't, I can't watch you hurt like this. Stop!" When the harpy saw she could not reach her Lumikki, she did the only thing that came to mind. The harpy plunged one of her talons into her eye, pulling out what looked like a rainbow jewel." I'll be more than enough. Keep your wings my love. I'll be your price. I can't live on seeing you with only some of your wings when I am more than happy to be your sacrifice." She'd plunge into the other socket, doing the same, while Lumikki cried at her companion's gesture." Whhhhhy!?" She'd howl, and her voice fractured so that it was hardly clear. Tenevi placed her jewels into her master's hands and bore a peaceful smile on her face." Because I love you more than life itself. Because I am the part of you that loves you more than anyone, and maybe it's time you regain that sliver of your soul back? Because I couldn't be what you needed then, but I can do this now. I love you Lumikki...and I always will be within you, I'll just be quiet now. But the love you'll finally have for yourself will be me making myself known. Now live on my Lumikki and save your home..." Tenevi's body would fall away like shadows unveiling and they'd sink into Lumikki's skin. The eyes were the window to one's soul... She remembered hearing that once and it would be why Tenevi would rarely show hers. The harpy could not stand the notion of anyone peering so intimately into her master or herself, and so she'd often keep them hidden away. But now, they'd rest in the Demoness' hands as she cried hysterically. Her magic loosened in her despair allowing both brothers to slip out and scoop her into their arms.

" ᚢᛖᚱᛁ ᚹᛖᛚᛚ ᚠᚱᛟᛊᛏ ᚲᚺᛁᛚᛞ, ᚦᛖ ᛈᚱᛁᚲᛖ ᚺᚨᛞ ᛒᛖᛖᚾ ᚱᛖᚲᛖᛁᚢᛖᛞ ᚨᚾᛞ ᛞᛖᛖᛗᛖᛞ ᚹᛟᚱᚦᛁ. ᛁᛟᚢ ᛗᚨᛁ ᛏᚨᚲᛖ ᚨ ᛞᚱᛁᚾᚲ ᚠᚱᛟᛗ ᚦᛁᛊ ᚹᛖᛚᛚ ᚨᚾᛞ ᚷᚨᛁᚾ ᚢᚨᛊᛏ ᚹᛁᛊᛞᛟᛗ ᛏᛟ ᛚᚨᛊᛏ ᛁᛟᚢᚱ ᛖᚲᛊᛁᛊᛏᛖᚾᚲᛖ."(" Very well Frost child, the price had been received and deemed worthy. You may take a drink from this well and gain vast wisdom to last your existence.") Mimir with a voice hardly bothered by the sight. His tone never shifted from that of his greeting despite the display and loss.

Lumikki, with the help of Mikhail's hand and strength, was able to pull herself up and hobble to the well for the drink. She'd fashion a cup from her black frost and scoop her fill. Chugging the cool well water with apathy and determination and like all things clicking together, she'd lock into place. Her body froze as the effects of the water took hold and her mind fired everything all at once until finally it was still.

She'd look back to Mikhail shaken and weak." I finally understand...."

Eye's are the Window to your Soul Img_0811

┌──❀*̥˚──◌──◌──❀*̥˚─┐
Pokedex Entry
└◌───❀*̥˚───◌───❀*̥˚┘

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum